Belfast Telegraph

Thursday 21 August 2014

Johnson delighted to be back in action

Andrew Johnson is happy to be playing again after his move to QPR

QPR new boy Andrew Johnson is delighted to be playing again after admitting the contract situation at former club Fulham played a part in his absence towards the end of last season.

The 31-year-old linked up with former Cottagers boss Mark Hughes at Loftus Road this summer, having come to the end of his deal at Craven Cottage and played in the Hoops' 5-0 win over Kelantan in Kuala Lumpur.

"It was important to get some more game time under my belt," Johnson told the club's official website. "It's really important for me to get that time on the pitch because we've all had eight weeks off, and I didn't play the last four or five weeks of last season because of my situation with contracts and stuff, so I am delighted to be getting back out there again."

He added: "Now I just need to get the first goal under my belt and then I can kick on from there."

Johnson is one of the six acquisitions made by QPR so far this summer and believes his new club can kick on after securing survival last season.

"I have settled in brilliantly," he said. "The new signings are fantastic, and go well with the great players that are already here.

"The squad have made the likes of myself, Ji-Sung Park, Rob Green, Fabio and all the new lads feel very welcome.

"It feels like a great squad. There is a great togetherness already and an excellent atmosphere around the place.

"I think it is going to be a great season for QPR."

Nightlife galleries

More

Latest Sport News

Stats Centre