Jurgen Klopp: Consistency is key for Liverpool progress
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has welcomed the stability his new six-year contract gives the club.
The German agreed a new deal on Friday just nine months after replacing Brendan Rodgers.
Owners Fenway Sports Group said they would have been "irresponsible" not to secure someone of Klopp's quality for a lengthy period of time.
The faith the Americans have shown in their manager is appreciated by the 49-year-old.
"When you see what happens around us, in a world where everything is changing in this moment, it is really difficult," he said after Danny Ings scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over Tranmere in their first pre-season friendly.
"I like this sign for consistency. We have to make decisions and we made the decision to stay together.
"Usually you don't have to make the decision and you wait to see what happens.
"It was an early moment when the club asked me, I was surprised about it, I thought about it but thought it felt right, so we did it and now we are happy.
"When you talk about six years, it's a really long term. Six years in football is like 60 years so we really need to be successful in the future. That's clear.
"We need to develop the club, a lot of things.
"We're building a new stand, we think about building a new academy or bringing the academy and Melwood together, and things like this - it's much longer term than my contract.
"It's important we do the right things so this wonderful club can be successful both in these six years but later on too.
"We are very responsible for the club, the people around."
There was further good news for the club when UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Committee announced just after kick-off at Prenton Park the case against Mamadou Sakho for a failed drugs test after taking a fat-burning substance in March had been dropped.
"Following a hearing with the lawyers of the player and experts of the WADA-accredited laboratories on this case, the CEDB has decided to dismiss the case," said a UEFA statement.
Sakho, whose interim 30-day ban cost him the chance to play in the Europa League final and represent France at Euro 2016, is now free to play again.
"I am happy that this is finally over. It's been a difficult time for me but I knew I had done nothing wrong," said the defender, who it is believed will now consider taking legal action.
"I am looking forward to getting back in the team and playing again."