Belfast Telegraph

Liverpool reject BIG Barcelona bid for Coutinho as Keita odds on for Anfield switch: transfer rumours

 

Liverpool have rejected a £90 million offer from Barcelona for PHILIPPE COUTINHO, according to the latest transfer rumours.

The Reds are said to have dismissed a £90million offer from the Catalan giants, who have money to burn after selling Neymar to Paris St Germain for world-record figure last week.

Barca had already had a £72million offer for the Brazilian turned down, with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp going on record to say his prize asset is not for sale. Coutinho joined Liverpool from Inter Milan for £8.5million in 2013 and signed a new five-year deal in January.

Despite struggling with an ankle injury last season, he still scored 14 goals and remains a key part of Klopp's squad for the campaign ahead Rumours of a possible move to Barcelona were heightened last week when Coutinho was left out of the Reds' squad for a pre-season trip to Bilbao.

But Klopp stressed the midfielder was merely suffering from a minor back injury which is also expected to rule him out of Saturday's Premier League opener at Watford.

Meanwhile, Liverpool's odds of landing NABY KEITA have been slashed to 5/6 by SkyBet as rumours of the deal resurfaced. The club have been linked with the midfielder all summer but after reportedly seeing numerous offers turned down by RB Leipzig, all went quiet. That is, until Wednesday, when the plummeting odds got tongues wagging again.

Staying with Liverpool and there is "no way back" for another Anfield target VIRGIL VAN DIJK at Southampton, according to Southern Daily Echo reporter Adam Leitch. He says any opportunity for reintegration into the squad is now gone.

And in London, Arsenal still face a fight to keep ALEXIS SANCHEZ, reports the Independent.

They claim the Chile forward is wanted by Paris St Germain, who are still looking to spend despite paying £200m for Neymar, while the player is said to prefer a move to Manchester City.

However, the Telegraph says PSG are not interested in Sanchez following the completion of the Neymar deal.

Chelsea have turned their attention to Tottenham left-back DANNY ROSE after admitting defeat in their pursuit of ALEX SANDRO, according to the Sun.

The Telegraph claims the Blues are also interested in PSG right-back SERGE AURIER but face competition from Manchester United.

ONLINE/SOCIAL ROUND-UP

@FabrizioRomano: " Man United are working on Zlatan Ibrahimovic comeback. Talks ongoing"

@talkSPORT: " Giannelli Imbula is set to swap Stoke for Monaco"

PLAYERS TO WATCH

KYLIAN MBAPPE: The in-demand Monaco striker has reportedly chosen to join Paris St Germain over Real Madrid, according to reports in France.

RIYAD MAHREZ: The Sun claims Leicester are demanding £50million for the winger, which could put off Serie A's Roma, but not Inter Milan, according to the Mirror.

MARC MUNIESA: The former Barcelona defender could be leaving Stoke and heading back to LaLiga.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph