Mancini dismisses Tevez feud
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini insists Carlos Tevez has never had a problem with him.
With Tevez now looking increasingly likely to remain at City after Tuesday's transfer window has closed, Mancini felt the need to address comments made by the player's advisor Kia Joorabchian on Friday. Joorabchian claimed Tevez's relationship with his manager had never been good and there had been "feuds" with Mancini throughout their time together.
This has come as a surprise to Mancini, who has always got the impression he had a good working relationship with a player he made his skipper at the start of last season. "Carlos doesn't have any problem with me," said the City boss.
It has been claimed Tevez wants to join AC Milan, which is the reason why approaches from Inter Milan and Paris St Germain were unsuccessful.
All three clubs have now said they are out of the running during this transfer window, although it would not entirely be a surprise if there was a last-ditch attempt to sign Tevez from someone.
Presently though, the 27-year-old remains in Argentina, as he has been for over two months. There have been suggestions he will return if his future is not sorted this week, leaving Mancini with a tricky problem trying to reintegrate a player in his squad who has taken such an extreme stance.
"Everyone should always answer for his behaviour," Mancini added. "If a player is at one club and wants to go to another, it is an option for the player. Maybe for the club it is a big problem."
Mancini ruled out any further transfer activity before the deadline, meaning out-of-favour defender Wayne Bridge is set to remain at City.
It has been a difficult month for the Blues, who have had two players sent off and are now without Mario Balotelli for three more games after his stamp on Scott Parker during City's last Premier League game, against Tottenham nine days ago.
"We have been very unlucky," Mancini said.