Mancini maintains Tevez silence
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini again would not answer questions on the ongoing situation involving striker Carlos Tevez on Friday morning.
Mancini, who has not spoken significantly on the matter since accusing Tevez of refusing to play at Bayern Munich on September 27, addressed the media to preview Saturday's game against Wolves.
Mancini said: "I think we are in the best moment in our history and I think our focus is only on the games and training. The other situations are not important."
City consider the matter closed in that they have found Tevez guilty of misconduct and issued a fine, but they anticipate an appeal from the player. Press Association Sport also understands Tevez is considering suing Mancini for defamation of character over the matter and the Italian is remaining guarded at such a delicate stage.
City concluded after a lengthy investigation that Tevez had committed five breaches of contract in relation to his conduct on the bench for the Champions League game at the Allianz Arena.
One of those included a refusal to play following claims from Mancini immediately after the match that the Argentinian did not want to come on as a second-half substitute. Tevez, however, has contended throughout that he only refused to warm up and blamed a misunderstanding for the fiasco.
The Professional Footballers' Association have backed the 27-year-old's stance and refused to sanction a fine above the maximum two weeks' wages the club are permitted to impose without their ratification.
City had intended to fine Tevez four weeks' wages - thought to be around £800,000 - but have now halved that following the PFA's intervention. City, however, are understood to remain unmoved in their assertion that Tevez refused to play and Mancini also suggested he believes the size of the fine is not the major issue.
The Italian said: "This is not my problem. For me it is not important - two weeks, four weeks."
Mancini, however, did confirm that defender Kolo Toure will face an internal disciplinary hearing next week over his failed drugs test. The Ivory Coast international served a six-month suspension after testing positive for a banned substance earlier this year.