Mancini tight-lipped over Tevez
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has refused to state whether he has met or intends to meet Carlos Tevez.
Tevez reported back to the club's training ground last week after spending more than three months in Argentina without the club's permission. Mancini was asked if he had yet met Tevez as he held a press conference to preview the second leg of the last-32 tie against Porto on Wednesday.
"I am here to talk about Porto," he said, and when asked further if there would be a meeting with the striker, he said: "There is a meeting tomorrow - against Porto."
Mancini has previously said Tevez must apologise for the events of the past four and a half months before he will consider him for selection again.
Tevez has not played for City since he was accused of refusing to warm up during the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich last September.
The Argentinian flew back to South America in November and hoped to secure a move during last month's transfer window.
With no transfer materialising, he returned to City to fight for his place but caused further controversy by claiming Mancini treated him "like a dog" in a TV interview. Mancini last week denied he ever treated Tevez badly and said he would not speak about the player for the next three months.
City midfielder Samir Nasri, who also spoke to media on Tuesday, hopes the situation can be resolved and Tevez can rejoin the push for the Barclays Premier League and Europa League titles.
The Frenchman said: "I didn't speak to Carlos. I think he is an important player for us and for every team in Europe, because he has quality.
"I don't know what happened. If he has to apologise, then he has to do it and then he will be in the squad, because we need players of his quality to win the league and the Europa League. After that it is for the club and Carlos to deal with."