Martinez calm over N'Zogbia reports
Wigan manager Roberto Martinez has played down reports Charles N'Zogbia could leave the club before the closure of the transfer window.
N'Zogbia was left out of last weekend's shock season-opening loss to Blackpool and it has been claimed the 24-year-old, who has been linked with Birmingham and Sunderland, has fallen out with Martinez and is agitating for a move.
But Martinez said at a press conference on Thursday: "Charles is a Wigan Athletic player and that is the top and bottom. He has been working really hard and been training well. We will have to get used to speculation and rumours and we need to take it as a compliment when other clubs want to take our players."
He added: "Unfortunately this is the instability the window brings to a club like ours.
"He will be working hard to play in every single game and that is what every player should be doing.
"Since he came back from international duty he has been training hard, working really well and fighting hard for his place with everyone else.
"It is rumour and speculation and something you are not going to stop."
Martinez says N'Zogbia could return on Saturday as Wigan face a daunting visit from Barclays Premier League champions Chelsea.
N'Zogbia's form since his £6million move to the DW Stadium from Newcastle last year has made him an attractive proposition to other clubs.
Martinez continued: "If we lose a player, I will make sure we are a stronger football club the day after because the structure we have put in place will be able to bring more players in."