Stoke's Huth accepts FA punishment
Stoke defender Robert Huth will serve a three-match suspension after deciding not to contest a Football Association charge of violent conduct.
The German was charged on Tuesday following a clash with Fulham defender Philippe Senderos in Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Craven Cottage that was missed by match officials at the time.
Huth will miss this weekend's Barclays Premier League meeting with West Ham as well as matches against Newcastle and West Brom.
Stoke said in a statement on their website: "Stoke City have confirmed that Robert Huth has accepted the charge of violent conduct following an incident in last weekend's game at Craven Cottage."
Video footage from the match showed Huth catching Senderos with his forearm, and Stoke would have been mindful that an appeal deemed frivolous could have resulted in an extra match being added to the ban.
Huth's absence will break up his centre-back partnership with captain Ryan Shawcross, and boss Tony Pulis must now decide who to move into the centre.
Stoke loaned Matthew Upson to Brighton last month, which has left them without another specialist centre-half.
Versatile United States international Geoff Cameron would appear to be the obvious candidate while full-backs Ryan Shotton and Marc Wilson could also come into contention.
Wilson made his comeback at Fulham following a broken leg and he would be happy to fill in for Huth if required.
The Republic of Ireland international told the Sentinel: "I will play anywhere for the team and do a job. There was a time at Portsmouth when all the centre-halves were out and I played about 20 games there."