Suarez surprised by Arsenal bid
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez admits he was surprised by Arsenal's £30million bid for him but took it as a sign that opinion on his talent has not been lost among all the controversy.
The Reds rejected the Gunners' offer last week but agent Pere Guardiola told managing director Ian Ayre and manager Brendan Rodgers at a meeting on Monday that his client wanted Champions League football.
"One has to value that despite everything that's happened one is still in the market... that clubs still value players for what they can do on the field," he said about Arsenal's bid.
"That makes me think that I can come back and do things well over there. They (the press) have given it to me in England but, like we say, I've given them stuff to eat because if I hadn't done anything then probably they wouldn't have been as bad.
"But football is like that and you have to be accustomed to all that and it's good that the English clubs still want me."
Real Madrid, whom Suarez expressed an interest in last month during a series of interviews which put his future at Anfield in serious doubt, remain favourites although they have yet to make any approach.
After Monday's talks it appears Guardiola will have to find clubs willing to bid over £40million and then take those offers to Liverpool. But Suarez claims he has a number of avenues to explore.
"There are a few options and the club knows that. Are there any concrete options? No, so far there hasn't been any," he told Uruguayan radio station Sport 890.
"There are two or three clubs who I think are willing and the club knows that. My agent is in charge, he knows what I want.
"I have to present myself on July 21 to Liverpool for their tour of Australia but no one knows what could happen. I've already said what I have to say and initially I have to be there on the 21 but a maybe a phone call one day can change all your plans."