Carlos Tevez returned to training with Manchester City on Thursday- and was immediately dispatched to do fitness work on his own.
Although it had been claimed Tevez had kept himself fully fit during his two-week suspension, which ended Wednesday night, manager Roberto Mancini still felt it necessary to set the 27-year-old to work in a different part of the Carrington training complex after reporting for duty at just after 12.10pm.
Tevez, in a black Hummer and accompanied by a companion, drove into the Carrington complex and was met by two of the club's security staff when he had parked up. Mancini and the remainder of his squad has begun training earlier, at the regular time of 11am.
Tevez faces the prospect of a heavy punishment after the club found he had a case to answer over his conduct in Munich last month. Mancini claimed after the defeat in the Allianz Arena that the player had refused to go on as a substitute when requested.
Tevez's trusted advisor Kia Joorabchian said the matter boiled down to a simple misunderstanding in the heat of the moment and claimed the forward had been mistranslated in an interview he gave after the game, when he is alleged to have declared that his "head wasn't right to play".
Tevez was suspended for a fortnight the day after the game, allowing City to launch an internal investigation, the findings of which led to a statement being released which made clear the matter will not end with the two-week ban.
"The club has now reached a stage in its investigation where it has concluded that there is a case for Carlos Tevez to answer of alleged breaches of contract," said the statement released by City on Wednesday night.
"Accordingly, the club has informed him that he will face disciplinary proceedings and the hearing will be convened shortly."