Tevez: I'm sorry
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has apologised "sincerely and unreservedly" for his conduct in recent months.
The Argentinian has also withdrawn his appeal against City's fine of six weeks' wages for gross misconduct, which was due to be heard by the Premier League in the coming days.
In a statement released by City on Tuesday night, Tevez said: "I wish to apologise sincerely and unreservedly to everybody I have let down and to whom my actions over the last few months have caused offence. My wish is to concentrate on playing football for Manchester City Football Club."
Manager Roberto Mancini had long maintained he would only consider Tevez for selection again after an apology.
Tevez sparked a dispute with the club when he refused to warm up during the Champions League loss at Bayern Munich in September and then spent more than three months in Argentina without permission.
The 28-year-old reported back to the club last week after failing to secure a move during the January transfer window and says he now wants to fight for a place in the team.
Tevez has not played for City since that infamous night at Munich's Allianz Arena on September 27.
Tevez was suspended and later fined for misconduct before he flew back to South America to begin his unauthorised leave on November 7. While away, Tevez was found guilty of gross misconduct and City took a firm line over his potential sale.
Tevez, who had twice previously submitted transfer requests, was estimated to have lost £9.3million in wages or bonuses over various matters.
He failed in his initial appeal against the fine of six weeks' wages for gross misconduct - thought to be around £1.2million - to the club board but lodged another with the Premier League. His withdrawal of that appeal may now ease his return to action with the title-chasers.