Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez was conspicuous by his absence at the club's training ground on Thursday morning.
The Argentina international was due to attend the Carrington complex after serving a two-week suspension for allegedly refusing to play in the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich.
The rest of the first-team squad reported in plenty of time for their 11am training session. However, there was no sign of Tevez but Press Association Sport understands he was scheduled to have an early-afternoon fitness session at Carrington and was not required to attend in the morning.
Tevez faces the prospect of a heavy punishment after the club found he had a case to answer over his conduct in Munich last month.
City boss Roberto Mancini claimed after the defeat in the Allianz Arena that the player had refused to go on as a substitute when requested.
Tevez's trusted advisor Kia Joorabchian said the matter boiled down to a simple misunderstanding in the heat of the moment and claimed the forward had been mistranslated in an interview he gave after the game, when he is alleged to have declared that his "head wasn't right to play".
Tevez was suspended for a fortnight the day after the game, allowing City to launch an internal investigation, the findings of which led to a statement being released which made clear the matter will not end with the two-week ban that has now been completed.
"The club has now reached a stage in its investigation where it has concluded that there is a case for Carlos Tevez to answer of alleged breaches of contract," said the statement released by City last night.
"Accordingly, the club has informed him that he will face disciplinary proceedings and the hearing will be convened shortly."
It was not known whether Mancini and Tevez were due to meet on Thursday.