Tottenham get council go-ahead for new stadium
Tottenham have been granted planning permission by Haringey Council for the club's revised proposal for a new stadium.
At a meeting that ran through to 12.29am, Tottenham were given the green light to press ahead.
Tottenham's three applications were passed by majority verdicts after councillors debated the £400million development.
The club intend to move into the new 61,000-seat stadium for the 2018-19 season, and the stadium will also stage NFL American football matches.
In a short statement on Twitter, Tottenham said: " Stadium Update: We can announce that Haringey Council's Planning Sub Committee has approved the Club's new stadium proposals."
The plans must be formally approved by the London Mayor's office. Boris Johnson has previously expressed his enthusiasm for the project.
The planning proposal featured facilities tied in to a deal, announced in July, that will see at least two NFL matches played at the stadium each season over a 10-year period.
Known as the Northumberland Development Project, the stadium project also includes a hotel, sports centre, health centre, homes and a Tottenham Experience, housing a museum and club superstore.
The council's go-ahead after a meeting that began at 7pm means next season should be Tottenham's last at White Hart Lane, the club's home since 1899. The new stadium will be adjacent to White Hart Lane.
Tottenham have said they intend to play home matches at a different stadium, still to be announced, in the 2017-18 season, before moving to their new home for the 2018-19 campaign.
Stadium Update: We can announce that Haringey Council’s Planning Sub Committee has approved the Club’s new stadium proposals.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) December 17, 2015