QPR manager Neil Warnock will meet with chairman Tony Fernandes on Thursday to discuss targets for the January transfer window.
The Malaysian business tycoon's takeover of the club in late August provided the financial clout for Warnock to sign six new players in the last week of trading. The likes of Joey Barton, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Anton Ferdinand were among those to arrive at Loftus Road and talks are set to begin about the next batch of potential signings.
"Tony has given me great support and I couldn't wish for more backing from him since he arrived," Warnock told the London Evening Standard.
"We have already begun talking about what we are going to do in January and have a number of ideas. He is coming to see me to talk about them on Thursday. There are so many things that are possibilities and if I ask for a certain player, the board will support me. At the moment a striker and defender are my two priorities.
"We are looking abroad as well as in this country. We would be silly not to because Tony has all these contacts. We haven't got a big enough squad, but we just have to keep going now until January and look to improve again. People should know that we are still in the infancy of what we are trying to do."
QPR have impressed since Fernandes completed his takeover, notably winning 3-0 victory at Wolves and securing home draws with Newcastle and Aston Villa. However, the west Londoners return from the two-week international break on the back of a resounding 6-0 defeat at neighbours Fulham.
"We are going to get a few drubbings this season, but we need the back four to be injury-free," said Warnock.
"We have done well when we have had a steady back four, but it was decimated against Fulham. [Armand] Traore was suspended so Luke Young had to go left-back. Fitz Hall has been playing with a hamstring injury. Everything went wrong.
"It was like we were blase because we had done so well in the previous matches. We just thought it was going to be straightforward. It was bad enough to lose a goal after a few seconds, but we lost our discipline then. It was a good lesson.
"I have been able to work with all the players apart from Traore and [Adel] Taarabt during the international break. They were just disappointed with what happened but have stepped up training and want to make it up to the fans."