Belfast Telegraph

Friday 19 September 2014

Transfer news and speculation, 29 May

West Bromwich striker Luke Moore has completed a £3m permanent move from Aston Villa on a three-year contract. The 22-year-old joined on loan in February and made three starts and seven substitute appearances.

Moore, who has five England Under-21 caps, has signed a deal which will keep him at Albion until at least summer 2011. Kim Do-Heon, who was also on loan, has moved from Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma for £550,000. Goalkeeper Michal Danek has extended his loan from Victoria Plzen until 1 January and spending is set to rise to £6m by the end of the week when Roman Bednar completes his move from Hearts for £2.5m.



Lloris could fill role at Spurs



The Nice goalkeeper Hugo Lloris said he is prepared to listen to an offer from Spurs as well as Milan and Lyons. "Tottenham have a great project for the future with a very successful manager," the 21-year-old said. Spurs have allowed Radek Cerny to leave for Queen's Park Rangers and are looking for a goalkeeper. Reports in Spain have also linked the club with a bid for the Seville winger Diego Capel, although it has been suggested the tax involved in the deal would be a problem that needs resolving. Spurs are also still in the hunt for the Barcelona youngster Giovani dos Santos.



Ashton looking to sign new deal



West Ham are confident of agreeing a new long-term deal with England striker Dean Ashton at the start of next week. He has two years left on his contract and although Newcastle, Portsmouth and Manchester United are all reported to be monitoring his progress, chief executive Scott Duxbury said: "The talks so far have been very positive."



Samaras wants Parkhead move



Georgios Samaras is keen to win a permanent move to Parkhead, his agent said, after four months on loan from Manchester City. "Gordon [Strachan, the Celtic manager] wants to keep him and Georgios wants to stay," Samaras's agent, Lee Anderson said. "The player is clear in what he wants, but the problem is down to the confusion at City."



Alonso agent to meet Juventus



The president of Juventus, Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, is cautiously optimistic of reaching an agreement with Liverpool to sign Xabi Alonso. The Basque midfielder was one of Rafael Benitez's first signings when he took over at Anfield four years ago, arriving for £10.5m from Real Sociedad but has found his first-team opportunities limited with the arrival of Javier Mascherano and Lucas Leiva. And with Benitez still trying to tie up the move of England international midfielder Gareth Barry to Anfield, the departure of Alonso would not be a surprise. "It looks like his representative will arrive today," Gigli said. "We can't deny that we're interested, but there's always the problem of getting value for money."

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Nightlife galleries

More

Latest Sport News

Stats Centre