Belfast Telegraph

Home Sport GAA Tyrone

Mickey Harte: I'm still man to lead Tyrone into future

By Declan Bogue

Iconic boss Mickey Harte wants to remain in charge of Tyrone in 2016, following their defeat in the All-Ireland semi-final to Kerry, 0-18 to 1-11 in Croke Park yesterday.

But the County Board still have to ratify his 14th consecutive year in charge.

There had been confusion over Harte's future as this season was the first he had entered a year in charge of the senior team without agreement to continue after the season's end.

Pressed after the game on whether he now has an agreement with the County Board for next year, he answered, "I haven't said I'm going away. If that's the same thing I don't know."

When quizzed on his intentions for next year, he added: "My intentions are to be enjoying Tyrone football next year again and to help build this team into something even better than they are right now, and that will be a very good place to be."

Pressed further he said: "I really enjoy this particular role and feel privileged to be in that position. I think there are great young players in Tyrone at the minute, a great mix of middle-aged and not so young.

"They're a good bunch to have together, very committed athletes. It's a pleasure to work with them."

Belfast Telegraph

How to Complain

If you have a complaint about the editorial content of the Belfast Telegraph or Sunday Life then contact the Editor here. If you are not satisfied with the response provided then you can contact the Independent Press Standards Organisation here

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph