Rory McIlroy: I'll be back from injury for US Open
Rory McIlroy says he has recovered from a rib injury and will be fit for the US Open.
The world number two was a doubt for the June 15-18 event after sustaining a stress fracture of a rib earlier in the year.
McIlroy pulled out of the PGA Championship at Wentworth and concerns about his participation in Wisconsin heightened when he failed to play in th is weekend's Memorial Tournament in Ohio.
However, the four-time major winner told The Guardian: " I am ready for Erin Hills and looking forward to playing there for the first time.
"The last few weeks have obviously been frustrating," said the 28-year-old 2011 US Open winner.
"I never like to miss events either on the PGA Tour or European Tour, but it was important I got back to a level of fitness where I felt like I could give myself the best possible chance at the US Open.
"As I have said many times before, majors will ultimately determine my golf career but I have had the rest of this busy season to consider as well."
Phil Mickelson has already signalled his intention to miss the US Open - the only major to elude him - to attend his daughter's graduation.