I'm injury-free and relishing US Open bid, insists McIlroy
Rory McIlroy says he has recovered from a rib injury and will be fit for the US Open.
The World No.2 was a doubt for the June 15-18 event after sustaining a stress fracture of a rib earlier in the year.
The Ulsterman pulled out of the PGA Championship at Wentworth and concerns about his participation in Wisconsin heightened when he failed to play in last weekend's Memorial Tournament in Ohio.
However, the four-time Major winner - US Open champion in 2011 - said: "I am ready for Erin Hills and looking forward to playing there for the first time.
"The last few weeks have obviously been frustrating. I never like to miss events either on the PGA Tour or European Tour, but it was important I got back to a level of fitness where I felt like I could give myself the best possible chance at the US Open.
"As I have said many times before, Majors will ultimately determine my golf career but I have had the rest of this busy season to consider as well."