Lurgan College will be representing Ulster in the All-Ireland Kate Russell Schools' Championship in Kilkenny later this month ... and they can thank a gem of a goal from Gemma McKitterick for sending them on their way to a 1-0 victory over Victoria College
In Pictures: Lurgan beat Victoria in schools cup hockey final
Belfast Telegraph Schools Cup Final
Most Read in this section
- Hockey: Wallace seal dramatic McCullough Cup triumph over close Friends
- Lisnagarvey and Banbridge title showdown goes ahead this weekend
- Pegasus coach Rainey hands over final reins to O'Neill
- Kerri McDonald clocking up air miles
- Defeat hard to swallow for frustrated Instonians coach
- Gleghorne and Lewers to shine on World stage
- Wallace High revel in golden year for hockey
- Lisburn schools through to hockey cup final
- Ards in pole position for title climax
- Annadale now best in Britain
Top draw: World Cup 2014
Guide to groups, fixtures and dates
Crossbar Challenge: Carrick
Can you hit crossbar from halfway line?
Football Wags: Roisin Marks
Northern Ireland Nightlife - Christmas parties 2013
Top 10 tech toys for children Christmas 2013
World in Pictures
Striking images from around the globe
Northern Ireland news photos
Photographs from Belfast, Northern Ireland
Latest Sport News
Roberts baffled by Tan attitude new
Iwan Roberts is baffled as to why Cardiff owner Vincent Tan was upset by manager Malky Mackay's hopes of adding to his squad in January, and believes the Malaysian is hoping another club will make a move for the Scot.
Players should take blame - Dawson new
Tottenham captain Michael Dawson admits the players are culpable for the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas as manager for unacceptable performances.
Wilshere accepts charge new
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has admitted a charge from the Football Association over an offensive hand gesture made towards Manchester City fans, but has contested the mandatory two-match ban and the case will be heard by a commission on Thursday.
Violent conduct charge for Osvaldo new
Southampton striker Dani Osvaldo has been charged with violent conduct following a touchline fracas at Newcastle on Saturday.