To celebrate the winning of back-to-back Formula One constructors' championships, Horner stepped onto the podium yesterday following the Korean Grand Prix alongside his drivers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber.
Just seven days after Vettel became the youngest back-to-back and two-time drivers' title holder, the 24-year-old German and Webber duly delivered the team crown.
Vettel took the chequered flag for the 10th time this season while Webber had to settle for third after a stunning battle with runner-up Lewis Hamilton.
The 40 points gleaned means Red Bull are now 140 clear of McLaren, with just 129 available, guaranteeing it was party time for the “drinks manufacturer”, as they were infamously described by Hamilton earlier this year, for the second successive Sunday.
The result was also the perfect riposte to the double DNF the team endured at this race a year ago when Webber crashed out and Vettel suffered engine failure.
“That made up for last year, didn't it?” said Horner, with a broad smile.
“To win this year, for Mark to drive such a strong race as well, and to secure our second constructors' championship, it's been a very special week for the team.
“First of all, Sebastian retaining the drivers' in Japan, and then a week later achieving what we have here in Korea is phenomenal.
“The great thing about this team is the ambition, desire and the way it works as a unit.
“You only have to look late in the pitlane on a Friday evening. Yes they play the music loud, but they're here, work longer and tougher hours,” Horner added.
For Vettel, who grabbed the lead off poleman Hamilton before the fourth corner on lap one and never looked back, the triumph was simply the icing on the cake to an extraordinary season.
“To come here and win the constructors' championship is fantastic,” Vettel said.
COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? firstname.lastname@example.org