Tyson Fury is set to return to the ring before the end of next month after writing off the prospect of re-scheduling his heavyweight showdown with David Haye until early next year.
Fury's team are already working on plans for the 25-year-old to shrug off his frustration over the postponement by setting up what is likely to be a low-key appearance in October.
But despite the delay caused by a cut sustained by Haye during his final sparring session last Friday night, Fury remains committed to finding a new date for the highly-anticipated contest.
Fury's promoter Mick Hennessy said: "Tyson is in his best shape mentally and physically and he is ready to fight. We are talking with all parties with regard to him fighting again soon.
"In the meantime we are working on rescheduling the Haye fight as soon as possible. In an ideal situation, we would like it to happen in December but realistically we are looking at early next year.
"Tyson is furious about the whole situation but he is conscious that the fans want this fight and he is committed to it. He wants to knock David Haye out, he has always known he can, and he will."
Plans to reschedule the bout have been complicated both by the extent of Haye's injury – which required six stitches – plus Sky already being committed to a big pay-per-view bill involving Carl Froch and George Groves on November 23.
It is almost inconceivable the broadcaster would be willing to risk two pay-per-view shows so close together.
This now means pushing a prospective rearranged bout back to the end of January at the earliest.
Hennessy said he is keen to clarify the circumstances behind Haye's injury, describing as "crazy" suggestions that Haye might have been sparring so close to the fight without a head-guard.
Hennessy added: "Tyson finished his sparring two weeks before the fight for precisely the reason that he was ready and he was not willing to take such a risk with what is a super-fight.
"We are very angry that this has happened seven days away from the fight.
"The positioning of the cut suggests Haye might have been sparring without a head-guard and if that was the case it is crazy and wrong."
Fury's adviser Asif Vali went further, revealing the fighter had lost a six-figure sum in training expenses and suggesting Haye ought to be responsible for refunding at least a portion of the loss.
Vali, who joined the Fury camp earlier this year after a long-standing association with Amir Khan, said: "If Haye was a man of dignity he would pay Tyson's expenses for the cancelled bout."