Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

UFC chief rejects Conor McGregor's claim that huge Nate Diaz rematch is back on

Published 26/04/2016

Conor McGregor
Conor McGregor

The ever-changing story of whether Conor McGregor will or will not fight at UFC 200 took another twist yesterday when UFC president Dana White confirmed that the Irishman has not been restored to the card for the July 9 event.

McGregor had been due to fight Nate Diaz again after losing to the American in March before a falling out with UFC last week.

McGregor tweeted in the early hours of yesterday: "Happy to announce that I am BACK on UFC 200! Shout out to Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta on getting this one done for the fans. #Respect."

White, however, confirmed that a deal had not been reached and that McGregor's claim is "not true". White said: "We haven't talked to Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don't know why he would tweet that."

McGregor and Diaz are adamant that they want to clash at the event. Seemingly, the UFC have other ideas and White last week said that should Diaz want to remain on the card, then they would find him a new opponent, much to his displeasure.

Belfast Telegraph

How to Complain

If you have a complaint about the editorial content of the Belfast Telegraph or Sunday Life then contact the Editor here. If you are not satisfied with the response provided then you can contact the Independent Press Standards Organisation here

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph