Dettori battling to return to action
Frankie Dettori's legal representative hopes the licensing committee of the British Horseracing Authority will reconvene in a bid to hasten the rider's return to action.
Solicitor Christopher Stewart-Moore has contacted the BHA with a view to revising its stance which has extended the Italian's exile from the sport.
French racing authority France Galop banned Dettori for six months after he tested positive for cocaine at Longchamp last September.
The BHA said it is awaiting results of three additional tests taken from Dettori by France Galop's medical committee before the jockey can even be reconsidered for a licence.
Stewart-Moore said the three samples were taken at a time when he was an unlicensed individual, which should not have any influence on the BHA's decision to veto his return, which had been earmarked for an evening meeting at Leicester on Monday.
Stewart-Moore commented: "The licensing committee has already decided he is fit and ready to race, and there should be nothing to stop him. The BHA thought the worldwide ban was subject to these three tests that were being completed in France.
"All they have to do is satisfy themselves and again ask the question, 'Is this guy a fit and proper person?'"
The BHA have reiterated that the issue hinges upon the findings from France Galop's medical committee.
France Galop have said the onus was on Dettori to contact them and that the issue was a "private matter" between the two parties.