Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Marshall homes in on new Ulster deal

By Jonathan Bradley

Published 17/12/2015

Luke Marshall is keen to stay with Ulster next season
Luke Marshall is keen to stay with Ulster next season

Centre Luke Marshall has said he would like remain with Ulster when his contract expires at the end of this season but admits he will still field offers from elsewhere.

The 24-year-old was instrumental in Friday night's stunning Champions Cup win over Toulouse and is currently preparing for Sunday's return game at the Stade Ernest Wallon that is key to Ulster's European hopes.

"Obviously being a local boy this is the club I've always wanted to play for and the set-up here is as good as anywhere," he said.

"I feel it's definitely a place where I'll improve as a player but I suppose I just have to weigh up every opportunity and see what offers come my way.

"Talks have begun but there's nothing firm."

Marshall says that focussing on the game at this time of the season can be a difficult balancing act for players.

"Ideally you just want to focus on rugby but when there are other things going on inside your head it does make things a bit trickier. It's not ideal but it's part of the sport."

Ulster have returned a clean bill of health ahead of Sunday's clash with forwards coach Allen Clarke confirming that the team would travel with essentially the same squad as last week.

"There's a few bumps and bruises but nothing that is going to change the team dramatically. It'll be from that panel," he said.

Belfast Telegraph

How to Complain

If you have a complaint about the editorial content of the Belfast Telegraph or Sunday Life then contact the Editor here. If you are not satisfied with the response provided then you can contact the Independent Press Standards Organisation here

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph