Ireland prop Marty Moore could miss RBS 6 Nations with hamstring injury
Ireland prop Marty Moore could miss the entire RBS 6 Nations with a torn hamstring.
Leinster tighthead Moore, who has won 10 caps since making his international debut in 2014, faces six to eight weeks on the sidelines and has been replaced in Joe Schmidt's squad by the u ncapped Connacht prop Finlay Bealham.
Australia-born Bealham, 24, qualifies through his grandmother who is from Enniskillen, and he has played for Ireland Under-20s and Emerging Ireland.
Moore, who confirmed on Monday that he will be joining Aviva Premiership club Wasps ahead of the 2016-17 season, will be absent until at least the start of March after being injured in Leinster's heavy European Champions Cup defeat last weekend.
Fly-half Jonathan Sexton, who was injured in the same Wasps-Leinster game, has to go through the return to play protocols after coming off with a head injury during the early stages at the Ricoh Arena.
The 30-year-old missed Ireland's Six Nations opener against Italy last year after being stood down from all rugby for 12 weeks after a series of concussions in a short space of time.
But a medical update on the official Irish Rugby Football Union website on Monday said Sexton "has passed both head injury assessment (HIA) 1 and 2 and will complete HIA 3 tomorrow."
The IRFU also said centre Robbie Henshaw suffered no ill-effects after making a try-scoring return for Connacht in their 47-5 European Challenge Cup victory over Enisei-STM on Saturday.
Henshaw had not featured since suffering a broken hand in November, but is now expected to be available for Ireland's RBS 6 Nations opener.
Ireland start the defence of their Six Nations crown against Wales in Dublin on February 7 and play France, England and Italy before finishing at home to Scotland on March 19.