Johnson - It's not about me
Scotland head coach Scott Johnson insists he does not want Saturday's final RBS 6 Nations clash with Wales to be overshadowed by his impending departure from the role.
The Australian will hand over the reins to New Zealander Vern Cotter before moving upstairs to become the Scottish Rugby Union's director of rugby.
He heads into his last game in charge at the Millennium Stadium having overseen only five wins from his 15 matches.
But Johnson dismissed any attempt to eulogise about his 15-month stint as Dark Blues boss.
He told Press Association Sport: "It's not about me. I did it for what I feel is the right fit for Scotland and I'll take up a different role and I'll enjoy that - but I'm really proud to say I've been a part of it."
Johnson's tenure started positively enough as back-to-back wins over Italy and Ireland helped them to a third-place finish in last year's championships.
But this year's tournament began with dismal defeats to Ireland and England - the latter a harrowing 20-0 defeat, the first time the Scots had failed to register a point against the Auld Enemy since 1978.
However, there were signs of recovery in the 19-17 loss to France at the weekend, especially in the brilliant three-man move which led to Tommy Seymour's first-half try, before they were gunned down by a late Les Bleus penalty.
Johnson said: "I think the last couple of weeks have been encouraging. I go back to the first weekend against Ireland, I thought we were the dominant side then, I think we played terrific rugby.
"I think there are glimpses here. Last weekend against France we showed great resolve.
"When you concede the penalty count that we were coming on the back of and we were playing all the rugby and not losing our composure and really playing with great intent, it shows a bit about the team I think.
"I feel for the boys who couldn't finish off and we have to look at ourselves for that but sometimes the scoreboard doesn't reflect the game."
Johnson has named a 14-man squad of backs from which he will finalise selection once the his squad has touched down in Cardiff.
Injuries have disrupted his plans and the head coach will have to pick seven men from Chris Cusiter, Jack Cuthbert, Alex Dunbar, Max Evans, Dougie Fife, Stuart Hogg, Ruaridh Jackson, Lee Jones, Matt Scott, Greig Laidlaw, Duncan Taylor, Richie Vernon and Duncan Weir.
Among the forwards, the only change to the eight which started against France sees Ryan Wilson restored to the back-row in place of the injured Johnnie Beattie.
"We've got some injury issues to think over, especially in the back division," said Johnson. "There's no doubt we've got a few cripples and we're waiting on the medics to see how they pull up, so I've delayed it.
"But I think it's the best thing to do in the interests of the team and the best chance to see if we can get a team out there to play."
But Johnson insists the delay will not disrupt his side's preparations.
"It's just life," said. "Injuries are a part of it, it's a physical game and we've lost a few along the way and we knew we would, we're no different to other team so there's no use in whinging about injuries."
Stand-off Duncan Weir was guilty of letting France back into the game as the Scots led 14-9 when his intercepted pass let in Yoann Huget to score just after the break.
But Johnson says Weir will benefit from the mistake.
He said: "Dunccy gave away a try that probably turned the game.
"But then he showed great composure and great will to want to take a kick to put us back in front. I think out of a negative you see a positive and I saw a character I like.
"It was nice to see and it's been reflected in this week in training. There's an honesty there. He knows he shouldn't have done what he did but there's also an understanding of what he needs to do in the future."