Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home Sport Rugby

Rhys Webb agrees dual contract with Ospreys and Wales

Published 30/12/2015

Rhys Webb has re-signed a National Dual Contract with Ospreys
Rhys Webb has re-signed a National Dual Contract with Ospreys

Wales and Ospreys scrum-half Rhys Webb has signed a national dual contract with the club and the Welsh Rugby Union.

The 27-year-old, who has made 122 appearances for the region and scored five tries in 16 games for Wales, joins regional and international team-mate Dan Biggar in re-signing an NDC.

Webb, who suffered a foot injury for Wales in a World Cup warm-up game against Italy in September and has not played since, welcomed the security the contract gives him as he continues his rehabilitation.

Webb said: "I'm over the moon to have been able to re-sign an NDC. With this security I can concentrate on my rehab without any distractions, knowing that I can put all my efforts into getting back out onto the pitch in the coming months and doing what I love doing the most, which is playing for the Ospreys.

"It's flattering to know that there's interest in me out there but this is my home region and I want to do all I can for the Ospreys, continuing to develop and, hopefully, play well enough to continue being selected for Wales."

Andrew Millward, rugby general manager, said: "It's excellent to see Rhys becoming the second player to commit his future to playing within Wales for the Ospreys by re-signing a national dual contract following on from Dan Biggar earlier this month.

"Rhys is another homegrown player who takes enormous pride in representing his region and, like Dan, has risen in prominence over the last 12 to 18 months, meaning their services have been in great demand."

How to Complain

If you have a complaint about the editorial content of the Belfast Telegraph or Sunday Life then contact the Editor here. If you are not satisfied with the response provided then you can contact the Independent Press Standards Organisation here

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph