Six Nations facts and figures
* The first Six Nations game was played on February 5, 2000 in Rome, when Italy beat Scotland 34-20.
* England were crowned the inaugural Six Nations champions.
* France have landed the most Six Nations titles, winning silverware five times.
* A Grand Slam has been achieved on eight occasions during the Six Nations' 14-season history. Wales and France have each completed a clean sweep three times, England once and Ireland once.
* If Wales win the Six Nations this season they will become the first country to secure a hat-trick of titles.
* France and England jointly hold the record for most Six Nations victories, with 47.
* Wales are 15/8 favourites to win this season's Six Nations, followed by England (5/2), France (3/1), Ireland (5/1), Scotland (25/1) and Italy (80/1).
* Italy have won just 11 of their 70 Six Nations Tests, drawn one and lost 58.
* Scotland lifted the last Five Nations title in 1999, but they have never won the Six Nations.
* Of the 210 games played in Six Nations Championship history, only five were draws.