Toulon mulling over Henson verdict
Gavin Henson faces an anxious wait to discover whether his Toulon career is over after meeting club officials on Wednesday to discuss his suspension for a nightclub brawl with his team-mates.
The French side are expected to announce the outcome of their disciplinary process on Friday, although there have already been reports they are set to cut their ties with the Welsh centre.
Team manager Tom Whitford said on www.bbc.co.uk: "We've had a meeting with Gavin and we'll take a bit of time to reflect before making any announcement."
Henson, who has only played twice for Toulon since his arrival in February, also faces a Welsh Rugby Union probe into his one-week suspension over an incident that took place earlier this month.
The 29-year-old was on Tuesday summoned to a meeting with the WRU, along with one-time Wales team-mate Andy Powell, who is currently suspended by Wasps while they investigate the circumstances of a pub brawl involving the back-rower.
The WRU said in a statement: "Following recent reported incidents, WRU Group Chief Executive Roger Lewis and Wales head coach Warren Gatland have requested meetings with Gavin Henson and Andy Powell over the course of the coming weeks.
"Until those meetings take place, there will be no further comment from the WRU."
Henson joined Toulon on a short-term contract, hoping to convince head coach Philippe Saint-Andre to give him a new two-year deal, as well as reviving his Wales career ahead of the World Cup.
The 29-year-old was initially hampered by a hamstring injury, but made a try-scoring debut against Stade Francais and made his second start in another victory over Toulouse.
But the former Ospreys man, who joined Toulon after a short spell with Saracens, now looks certain to miss out on an international return.