Belfast Telegraph Runher Delamont 5K and 10K
Delamont Country Park is on the shores of Strangford Lough. It is located on the A22 Downpatrick to Comber Road. It is 5 minutes from Downpatrick, a couple of minutes from Killyleagh and roughly 50 minutes from Belfast.
The course is 400 metres on tarmac to start and finish with. The rest is on trails along the shore through woodland - crossing the main entrance,past the miniature railway and more woodland before turning back onto the tarmac. There are three steady climbs. It is one lap for the 5K with a second lap for the 10kers.
You can register in person at the Pure Running shop in Belfast City Centre(opposite Inst school) or on race day at Delamont in the hall behind the Visitor Centre before 11:30 am.
There is car-parking for 200 cars near the start. To avail of the free entry to the park, participants should arrive before 11am for a noon start.
Why not consider car-sharing? For example, use the park and ride at Carryduff.
There are toilets near the start.
Bring the kids. There’s an adventure playground and a miniature railway(cost £2).
Registration for your Goody bag
Thursday,March 31 -10am-8pm at the Pure Running shop in Belfast City Centre(opposite Inst school).
Friday,April 1- 9am-5pm at Pure Running.
Saturday,April 2 -9am-5pm at Pure Running.
Or on the day
Sunday,April 3 - 9am -11.30am at Delamont in hall behind the Visitor Centre.
- There will be water at the finish and at 5K.
- Don’t forget to wear your timing chip!
- Wear your number on the front.
- Your footwear should reflect that is a mainly trail course.
- It is not suitable for buggies.
- Look for your 5K or 10K start position.
- Walkers should start at the back.
- You will have to cross the main entrance road so watch for traffic. There will be marshals there to guide you.
- There will prizes for 1-2-3 in the 5K and 10K; and other prizes including for teams.
- There will be course map and video online in the Belfast Telegraph Life/Sport sections.
We hope you have a great day!