Are you Sunday Life's next cover girl?
Last year’s winner tells of her success as we launch search for NI’s next top models
It's the prestigious model competition that’s launched the careers of some of Northern Ireland’s leading catwalk stars — and now Sunday Life Cover Girl is back for 2016.
Sunday Life has partnered up with the fashion savvy team at CMPR models to find the undiscovered face who will be crowned our Cover Girl.
In our search for the stunner who’ll not only be our Cover Girl but also star on the West Coast Cooler Belfast FASHIONWEEK catwalk, we’ll hold scouting days at Belfast’s Victoria Square where our eagle-eyed industry experts will be on the hunt for the modelling world’s next big thing.
Our lucky winner will walk away with a luxury prize package including a sun-drenched photoshoot in Alicante courtesy of our travel partners Aer Lingus.
Last year’s winner Aimee Boyle was an 18-year-old schoolgirl dreaming of a catwalk career when she took the title.
Now juggling life as a model in demand with her studies at Ulster University, Aimee from Co Fermanagh said becoming our Cover Girl was life changing.
“For the judging panel to put their faith in me and crown me Cover Girl was just the most amazing feeling,” she said.
“I’m from the small town of Newtownbutler so learning about the fashion industry, being whisked away for a photoshoot in Portugal, and walking in West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK was a brilliant experience.
“It’s been a great year, I’ve had so much modelling work after signing with CMPR models.
“Those open doors and opportunities just wouldn’t have been there for me without this competition.”
Last year’s runners up Rebekah Wallace and Lauryn Greer have also gone on to make waves in the modelling world both at home and abroad.
Our 2014 winner Rachel Kennedy now boasts a successful modelling career in London while that year’s runner up Nerissa Moore is currently wowing audiences on RTE’s The Voice of Ireland.
Aimee said: “For anyone thinking of entering, I would say go for it. I never thought I would win when I entered at the scouting day and look how far it’s got me. You just never know.”
Our lucky Cover Girl 2016 winner will be the recipient of a glittering prize package including:
- A sunny destination photoshoot in Alicante courtesy of Aer Lingus departing from Belfast City Airport.
- Two return Aer Lingus flights departing from Belfast City Airport to a sun destination — either Alicante, Palma, Malaga or Faro.
- Hair treatments from Jason Shankey Hair Salons.
- A monthly make-up application, for a year, from Oonagh Boman make-up.
- £1,000 of Victoria Square fashion.
- A case of West Coast Cooler.
- A starring role on the West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK catwalk.
- A modelling contract with CMPR models.
HOW TO ENTER
- Cover Girl 2016’s first scouting day will be held at Victoria Square in Belfast on February 6 and the second is on February 13.
- Entrants will be photographed on the day — head and shoulders and full-length. If possible, entrants should wear blue jeans and a white top.
- Entrants to the Cover Girl 2016 competition should be over 18 and, as it is a fashion model search, they should be 5’8”/173cm or above in height.
- Anyone under 18 who thinks they have what it takes to become a model should get in touch with the Belfast Fashionweek team via email@example.com