Edward Snowden post-US election Q&A to stream live on StartPage.com on November 10
Live event has now ended but can be viewed below
StartPage.com will host an exclusive post-election livestream Q&A with Edward Snowden on Thursday, November 10.
The world’s most famous whistleblower will address questions about how the US Election results will affect consumer privacy and his pardon, as well as other questions submitted via social media.
The event will be available for viewing on startpage.com/snowden starting at approximately 9:30pm in the UK and Ireland (4:30 PM Eastern time in the US) on November 10.
The feed will be broadcast from the Pathé Tuschinski in Amsterdam where Snowden will be patched in to a live theater audience via satellite transmission from Moscow.
Edward Snowden became world famous after he handed journalists classified documents detailing the global espionage activities of the United States National Security Agency (NSA).
- WikiLeaks and Twitter go down after 'DDoS attack' following release of more John Podesta emails
- Julian Assange full interview: WikiLeaks editor talks to John Pilger about US election
- Edward Snowden says it's a 'dark day' in Russia after Putin introduces draconian new surveillance laws
- Snowden deserves a pardon for revelations
- New Edward Snowden? Whistleblower leaks documents on US drone killings
Snowden’s exposure of covert government surveillance put privacy firmly on the map, but also put him at great risk. He was forced to flee the US in 2013 to avoid arrest and currently resides in Russia, where he has been given asylum.
Robert Beens, CEO of StartPage.com, said: "Edward Snowden’s revelations about government spying and mass data collection are of crucial importance to our society, but he had to sacrifice his free life for it."
"We are proud to honor his service and help bring his privacy message to the world."