Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Konami's Silent Hills by Guillermo del Toro, Hideo Kojima and featuring Norman Reedus is definitely cancelled

Published 27/04/2015

Silent Hills was set to be developed by industry favourite Hideo Kojima and director Guillermo del Toro, and featured acting from Walking Dead star, but studio has confirmed rumours it is cancelled
Silent Hills was set to be developed by industry favourite Hideo Kojima and director Guillermo del Toro, and featured acting from Walking Dead star, but studio has confirmed rumours it is cancelled

Silent Hills featuring Norman Reedus has been cancelled, Konami has said, confirming rumours that it had been called off relatively soon after it was announced.

The game was set to be made by Guillermo del Toro and legendary developer Hideo Kojima, who would work on the game after finishing the latest version of Metal Gear Solid. But after a week of rumours Konami have confirmed that it was cancelled.

The company said that it would continuing making games in the Silent Hill franchise, of which Silent Hills was set to be the ninth. But that game, which was set to star Reedus from Walking Dead, has now been called off.

“Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic ‘Silent Hills’ project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued,” Konami said in a statement to Kotaku. “In terms of Kojima and Del Toro being involved, discussions on future Silent Hill projects are currently underway, and please stay tuned for further announcements.”

Rumours swirled around the cancellation of the game in recent weeks, after it was revealed that a playable teaser version of the game was set to be taken down. A rush of public statements seemed to confirm the rumours, including Norman Reedus tweeting his regret about the cancellation.

The Silent Hills demo for PlayStation 4 is still available HERE until April 29.

Independent News Service

Read More