Toasted marshmallows, the sound of the rain on canvas, card games and unleashing your inner Bear Grylls – it’s camping season in Northern Ireland and you better get your gear ready!
There are plenty of different ways you can sample camping in Northern Ireland; from podding in the sumptuous grounds of Castle Ward, to something a bit more wild in The Mournes.
Link to Castle Ward Pods (pic below)
1. If podding isn’t for you, then you’ll definitely need a decent, eye-catching tent. - Field Candy's 'Get A Room' Tent
2. And a cosy sleeping bag - Coleman Hampton's 220 Sleeping Bag
3. Not forgetting the airbag and foot-pump...
Northern Ireland experiences roughly 200 days of rain per year. But don't let this put you off – embrace the wet! There’s nothing better than getting a good soaking as you walk up Slieve Donard, or an utter drenching on the north coast.
4. So make sure you have a decent, stylish coat. - North Face Venture Jacket
5. And maybe some wellies - Hunter classic Wellington Boots
6. A picnic basket is an absolute essential - Cool Movers Secret Garden Picnic Basket
7. Get yourselves a nice, simple gas stove for the mandatory bacon bap in the morning - Campingaz Chef Stove
8. And a must for all coffee fans, a stove-top espresso maker! - GSI Espresso Maker
9. For shorter adventures, a good bag is in order - Herschel Survey Bag
10. or you might want something a bit more substantial - Berghaus TwentyFourSeven Backpack
11.. And finally, what's camping without a board game. For adults only, the ridiculously offensive Cards Against Humanity
*All prices accurate at time of publication