1. Mohair hat, £65, YMC, youmustcreate.com
This chunky cap has a “knitted by nana” charm to it. That's because the Berlin-based, upcoming knitwear-brand Maimi make all of its cosy hats by hand.
2. Neon with bobbles, £18, Piers Atkinson for Asos, asos.com
Hip milliner, Piers Atkinson's main line is usually worn by the avant-garde so anyone who dons this will attract as much attention as his famous client, Lady Gaga.
3. Polka dots, £20, Lazy Oaf, lazyoaf.co.uk
This dotty hat nods to one of this season's biggest trends it's attractively oversized so it can either scrunch down round your head or perch bolt upright for a touch of Where's Wally-chic.
4. Black pom poms, £170, Sister by Sibling, thecorner.com
Design trio Sister by Sibling are one of the hottest names at London Fashion week – their neon Fair Isle with Mickey Mouse-eque pompoms ticks three trends in one.
5. Violet bobble hat, £12.95, Gap, gap.eu
Every year, Gap is responsible for some of the nicest knits on the high street. A gentle approach to wearing neon this winter is with this vibrant violet hat.
6. Silver disco cashmere, £115, Madeleine Thompson, my-wardrobe.com
Luxury cashmere designer Madeleine Thomson has added sequins to this sumptuously soft grey cashmere beanie.
7. Fair Isle, Paul Smith £85, my-wardrobe.com
British designer Paul Smith has made a career out of turning traditional into trendy – this Fair Isle beanie in soft colours is a case in point.
8. Gradient print, £19, COS, cosstores.com
An alternative to crazy colours and jaunty pompoms, this ombre-print beanie would suit anyone wanting to stay warm and look smart. Grungy Nineties purism here without feeling too fashion-y.
9. Aran-knit, £65, Chinti And Parker, net-a-porter.com
One for the purists, this cream merino wool bobble hat from knitters Chinti And Parker is cosy and cabled like a fisherman's sweater from the Isle of Aran.
10. Turban headband, £49.90, Eugenia Kim, shopbop.com
The latest – and an extremely flattering – way to keep warn this winter is to turn to a knitted turban. Think Joan Collins in Gstaad.
From Fair Isle to something more fun, try a woolly hat to keep the heat in this winter. Bobbles optional...
>> Click on More Pictures to launch our gallery
Leave your comments and suggestions below