The Bank of England has said interest rates will remain at a record low of 0.5% until the economy recovers further. Bank governor Mark Carney said there were reasons to be positive about the economy, before outlining guidance designed to reassure households and businesses over the cost of borrowing.
Video: Bank of England keeps low interest rates to support economy
- Video: Top officer removed after Stephen Lawrence report
- Video: Google maps the ocean floor with Catlin Seaview Survey
- Video: Temple Street Children’s Hospital salute rugby legend Brian O'Driscoll
- Video: Leaving fans Thunderstruck! 2Cellos cover AC/DC rock classic
- Video: Batman: Arkham Knight 'Father to Son' trailer
- Video: Dramatic storm brews over Cancun, Mexico
- Video: Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko meets Angela Merkel at Dublin EPP conference
- Video: Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood heaps praise on Jose Mourinho
- Video: Queen honours Penelope Keith in Windsor
- Video: The Hubble Space Telescope catches the breakup of asteroid P/2013 R3
Plane aborts takeoff after crashing into fish
Crufts Live: Video and pics world's greatest dog show
Human Barbie wants to live on air and light alone
The top 50 things we hate most about modern life
Northern Ireland Nightlife - pubs, clubs and parties 2014
The Troubles gallery - John Hume detained in 1971
Z-Cars star James Ellis dies at 82 new
Actor James "Jimmy" Ellis, who played Bert Lynch in Z-Cars, has died, the BBC has reported.
Women stage nude protest at Louvre new
The Louvre has always showcased nudes - but never quite like this.
Man held in trader shooting probe new
A 51-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder in connection with the shooting of a City trader.
Sharks stay unbeaten new
The Sharks remained top of the South African conference with an impressive 37-23 Super 15 victory over the Lions at Kings Park on Saturday afternoon.
Bulls show their class new
The Bulls snatched a late bonus point as they claimed a 38-22 Super Rugby win over the Blues in Pretoria.
Hero to zero for Walters new
Stoke forward Jonathan Walters enjoyed a mixed afternoon at Carrow Road as his penalty earned a point for the visitors before he was sent off just minutes later.
Divorce for Bryan Ferry and wife new
Rock star Bryan Ferry and his wife are divorcing but remain "on extremely good terms", his publicist has said.
Jessica Alba: Laughter is everything
Jessica Alba aims to make people laugh for "an hour and a half" with her films.
Chris Evans is over clubs
Chris Evans often prefers quiet evenings in to wild club night now he's no longer in his 20s.