Boris Johnson has promised to improve junction safety in the capital following the deaths of six cyclists in a fortnight. Mayor of London Boris Johnson has said that in the next few months Transport for London will be setting out a programme to make 33 junctions safer, following the deaths of six cyclists in a fortnight.
Video: Cycling's getting safer, says Mayor of London Boris Johnson
- Video: Olympic torch-bearers return from International Space Station
- Video: Royals attend Commonwealth Day service
- Video: Missing Malaysian plane: Iranian asylum seeker using stolen passport
- Video: Cheryl Cole returns to The X Factor
- Video: Russian cosmonauts prepare to leave International Space Station
- Video: Alan Shearer and Robbie Savage in 'Battle of the Backsides'
- Video: Secrets of Apple's new 'spaceship HQ' in California revealed
- Video: New elephant calf at Twycross Zoo
- Video: Batman: Arkham Knight 'Father to Son' trailer
- Video: Court witness talks of Oscar Pistorius gun use
Great white shark 'Lydia' on course for Ireland
The top 50 things we hate most about modern life
The Troubles gallery - John Hume detained in 1971
Favourite Ulster beauty spots - send us your pics
Corporal Geoffrey McNeill killing: Solider charged with murdering Co Antrim serviceman found dead at Army barracks new
A 23-year-old serving soldier has been charged with murdering a Co Antrim corporal found dead at their barracks in England.
50 Jobs in 50 Days: Future is with the apprentice new
I welcome the Belfast Telegraph's initiative which supports my department's Apprenticeships NI programme. The campaign will reinforce the extensive opportunities that an apprenticeship offers to both employers and young people and I hope that this persuades more companies and individuals to reap those benefits.
50 Jobs in 50 Days: Six easy ways an employer can find an apprentice new
1. If you are an employer who wants to take on an apprentice as part of our campaign, please let us know by telephoning Margaret Canning on 028 9026 4443 or emailing email@example.com
Mesut Ozil: Arsenal's £42m passenger who cut a forlorn figure before injury ended night new
Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1: This wasn’t quite the impact a £42.4m club record signing on a revenge mission was supposed to have, in Arsenal’s biggest game of the season.
Baggies suffer Brunt blow new
West Brom captain Chris Brunt has been ruled out for five to six weeks due to a knee injury, the club have announced.
Pardew ban begins at Fulham new
Alan Pardew will start his record seven-match ban by missing Newcastle's trip to Fulham this weekend.
Ade keeps quiet about marriage new
Ade Edmondson has said one of the reasons his marriage to Jennifer Saunders is so strong is that they don't talk about it.
Chris Tarrant suffered mini stroke new
Chris Tarrant has spent more than a week in hospital after suffering a mini stroke, it has emerged.
Bailey hits back over Twitter jibes new
Pregnant X Factor winner Sam Bailey has hit back over criticism that she has ruined her career.