On September 24, 2013, a major strike-slip earthquake rattled western Pakistan, killing at least 350 people and leaving more than 100,000 homeless. The 7.7 magnitude quake struck the Baluchistan province of northwestern Pakistan. Amidst the destruction, a new a island was created roughly one kilometre offshore in the Paddi Zirr (West Bay) near Gwadar, Pakistan. Credit: Youtube/NASA.
Video: Earthquake births new island off Pakistan's western coast
- Video: 'Explosives' found in South Yorkshire home
- Video: Top officer removed after Stephen Lawrence report
- Video: Google maps the ocean floor with Catlin Seaview Survey
- Video: Irish coach Joe Schmidt hails Irish 'magician' Brian O'Driscoll
- Video: Temple Street Children’s Hospital salute rugby legend Brian O'Driscoll
- Video: Dramatic storm brews over Cancun, Mexico
- Video: Batman: Arkham Knight 'Father to Son' trailer
- Video: Leaving fans Thunderstruck! 2Cellos cover AC/DC rock classic
- Video: Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko meets Angela Merkel at Dublin EPP conference
- Video: Queen honours Penelope Keith in Windsor
Plane aborts takeoff after crashing into fish
Crufts Live: Video and pics world's greatest dog show
Human Barbie wants to live on air and light alone
The top 50 things we hate most about modern life
Northern Ireland Nightlife - pubs, clubs and parties 2014
The Troubles gallery - John Hume detained in 1971
Thousands of bees attack woman
A 71-year-old woman is believed to have suffered about 1,000 stings in Southern California after being attacked by a swarm of killer bees that covered her entire body.
Z-Cars star James Ellis dies at 82
Actor James "Jimmy" Ellis, who played Bert Lynch in Z-Cars, has died, the BBC has reported.
Women stage nude protest at Louvre
The Louvre has always showcased nudes - but never quite like this.
Sarries rue what might have been new
Saracens director of rugby Mark McCall described the decision to rule out Marcelo Bosch's try just before half-time as a "game-changer" as they saw their LV= Cup hopes dashed by Northampton at Franklin's Gardens.
Weir showed character - Johnson new
Scotland head coach Scott Johnson refused to point the finger of blame at stand-off Duncan Weir after his blunder cut the legs away from an impressive Dark Blues display against France.
O'Driscoll has an eye on history new
Ireland can face down history and sweep to RBS 6 Nations title glory in Paris next weekend, according to Brian O'Driscoll.
Divorce for Bryan Ferry and wife
Rock star Bryan Ferry and his wife are divorcing but remain "on extremely good terms", his publicist has said.
Jessica Alba: Laughter is everything
Jessica Alba aims to make people laugh for "an hour and a half" with her films.
Chris Evans is over clubs
Chris Evans often prefers quiet evenings in to wild club night now he's no longer in his 20s.