n its latest World Economic Outlook update, the IMF says the global economy is growing more slowly than expected, with risks increasing especially in emerging markets. The update of the IMF’s World Economic Outlook, first issued in April, projects the world economy will grow at 3.1 percent this year, the same rate as last year, and down from a forecast of 3.3 percent three months ago. The 2014 forecast was cut to 3.8 percent from 4 percent. This video, uploaded by the IMF on July 9, shows Olivier Blanchard, economic counsellor with the IMF, speaks about the World Economic Outlook update. Credit: IMF
Video: IMF says Emerging Market Slowdown Adds to Global Economy Pains
- Video: 'Explosives' found in South Yorkshire home
- Video: Top officer removed after Stephen Lawrence report
- Video: Google maps the ocean floor with Catlin Seaview Survey
- Video: Temple Street Children’s Hospital salute rugby legend Brian O'Driscoll
- Video: Dramatic storm brews over Cancun, Mexico
- Video: Leaving fans Thunderstruck! 2Cellos cover AC/DC rock classic
- Video: Batman: Arkham Knight 'Father to Son' trailer
- Video: Ukrainian opposition leader Yulia Tymoshenko meets Angela Merkel at Dublin EPP conference
- Video: Queen honours Penelope Keith in Windsor
- Video: The Hubble Space Telescope catches the breakup of asteroid P/2013 R3
Plane aborts takeoff after crashing into fish
Crufts Live: Video and pics world's greatest dog show
Human Barbie wants to live on air and light alone
The top 50 things we hate most about modern life
Northern Ireland Nightlife - pubs, clubs and parties 2014
The Troubles gallery - John Hume detained in 1971
Z-Cars star James Ellis dies at 82 new
Actor James "Jimmy" Ellis, who played Bert Lynch in Z-Cars, has died, the BBC has reported.
Women stage nude protest at Louvre new
The Louvre has always showcased nudes - but never quite like this.
Man held in trader shooting probe new
A 51-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder in connection with the shooting of a City trader.
Weir showed character - Johnson new
Scotland head coach Scott Johnson refused to point the finger of blame at stand-off Duncan Weir after his blunder cut the legs away from an impressive Dark Blues display against France.
O'Driscoll has an eye on history new
Ireland can face down history and sweep to RBS 6 Nations title glory in Paris next weekend, according to Brian O'Driscoll.
Woods moves into contention new
World number one Tiger Woods made his move on day three of the WGC-Cadillac Championship with an impressive round of 66 to put himself right back in contention.
Divorce for Bryan Ferry and wife new
Rock star Bryan Ferry and his wife are divorcing but remain "on extremely good terms", his publicist has said.
Jessica Alba: Laughter is everything
Jessica Alba aims to make people laugh for "an hour and a half" with her films.
Chris Evans is over clubs
Chris Evans often prefers quiet evenings in to wild club night now he's no longer in his 20s.