At 17,500mph, supply spacecraft Cygnus detaches from the International Space Station and heads for a fiery demise as it approaches Earth's atmosphere. Orbital Sciences' Cygnus cargo craft was detached and released from the International Space Station Feb. 18, more than a month after delivering a ton of supplies and experiments to the Expedition 38 crew. Cygnus will be commanded by Orbital Sciences' flight controllers to fire its engines Feb. 19, which will send it into a destructive reentry into the Earth's atmosphere. Credit: Youtube/NASA
Video: Nasa images show Cygnus detach from Space Station
- Video: CBeebies Land set to open at Alton Towers Resort
- Prince Phillip asks 'Are potatoes still the currency of Eire?' in spoof Irish state...
- Video: Johammer releases futuristic electric motorbike
- Video: Caravan flips over on M1 in Leicestershire
- Video: Priest in Ireland sings Hallelujah in wedding ceremony
- Video: Dane DeHaan excited for Spider-Man 3
- Video: Kate, William and Prince George arrive in Australia
- Video: Bill Oddie reveals moment he realised he was going deaf
- Video: Actor Tom Hardy in demand at Locke premiere
- Video: Police vow to catch Yvonne Fletcher's killer
Out & About - social events, dinners, soirees new
Peter Robinson: If Pope visits I'll be there to greet him
The top 50 things we hate most about modern life
The Troubles gallery - John Hume detained in 1971
Favourite Ulster beauty spots - send us your pics
MP facing complaint over donations new
A Conservative MP could face an investigation over her...
Sinn Fein apologises to bishop new
Sinn Fein has apologised to a Catholic bishop for misrepresenting his views...
Oscar Pistorius trial: The cricket bat, the door, the jeans and the blood -... new
As the Oscar Pistorius...
Lambert keen to keep focus on pitch new
An ongoing internal investigation means Aston...
Olic remains on Hughes' radar new
Mark Hughes has revealed he remains in the hunt to sign Ivica Olic but reckons...
Saints board 'will rule on Shaw' new
Southampton's board will make the call on in-demand England defender Luke...
BBC's George Alagiah has cancer new
Newsreader George Alagiah has been diagnosed with...
AC/DC to continue, vow band members
AC/DC have vowed to carry on making music, but...
Loach and Leigh vie for Palme d'Or
Ken Loach and Mike Leigh will go head to head for...