Americans James Rothman and Randy Schekman and German-born researcher Thomas Suedhof won the 2013 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. The trio were awarded the prize for discoveries on how proteins and other materials are transported within human cells. Above is a phone interview with Schekman, of the University of Californa, Berkeley, conducted by Adam Smith of NobelPrize.org. Schekman tells Smith he “danced around” on hearing the news. Credit: YouTube/Nobel Prize
Video: Nobel Prize winner Schekman 'danced around' on hearing of victory
- Video: Jayden Parkinson: Police hunt leads to church grave
- Video: 'Depraved' Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins is jailed
- Video: Former Lost Prophets singer Ian Watkins gets 35 years for sex offences
- Video: How the ESA's Gaia satellite will launch into orbit
- Video: Social media facilitating growth of 'human rights culture' in Saudi Arabia, says activist
- Video: Harrods bombing 30th anniversary
- Video: Syria doctor Abbas Khan: FO 'ignored warnings'
- Video: Little Mix and Minnie Mouse team up at Disneyland Paris
- Video: A Christmas miracle! Canadian airline WestJet makes stunned passengers' festive wishes come true
- Video: Princess Diana Death: 'No evidence' SAS involved
200 'virgin births' in US
Women 'conceived without sex'
Nitelife: Christmas parties
Tiny monkeys born in Belfast
Nelson Mandela: life and times
Key moments in life of former president
Help babies like little Joe
Help save lives of babies around the world
Northern Ireland news photos
Photographs from Belfast, Northern Ireland
World in Pictures
Striking images from around the globe
Favourite Ulster beauty spots
Reader images: Send us your pictures
Old school pictures: Kate Middleton
Gerry Adams, Liam Neeson, Eamon Holmes ...
Omagh bomb appeals dismissed new
Two republicans lost their appeals today to being found liable for the Omagh bombing.
Rigby's name: forever remembered new
Fusilier Lee Rigby's killers wanted to become martyrs - but it is his name that will be remembered.
Woolwich footage caused furore new
A grisly clip of Woolwich killer Michael Adebolajo stained with blood became one of the most haunting images to emerge from the scene of Fusilier Lee Rigby's shocking murder.
Paddy Wallace back for Ulster Rugby new
Paddy Wallace will play for Ulster for the first time in nine months as the Province take on Zebre at Ravenhill tomorrow evening in the RaboDirect PRO12.
Irish set to augment staff new
London Irish will look to bolster their coaching team for next season, according to rugby director Brian Smith.
Jarvis hoping Hammers can kick on new
Matt Jarvis hopes a second successive win at White Hart Lane can provide the impetus for West Ham to improve results in their battle for Barclays Premier League survival.
Adele enjoys visit to 'posh' Palace new
Adele has declared her visit to Buckingham Palace to receive an MBE from the Prince of Wales a "very posh" affair.
Steps star Watkins wins apology new
Steps star Ian Watkins has received a public apology at the High Court over the mistaken use of his photograph on a celebrity news website reporting the guilty pleas of Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins to serious sexual offences.
Phoenix for Batman-Superman movie? new
Joaquin Phoenix is rumoured to be in talks to play Lex Luthor in the new Batman-Superman movie.