Steven Gerrard has denied texting Harry Redknapp to give him his backing for the England job. Redknapp claimed in his recently released autobiography that Gerrard was one of a number of senior England players who contacted him last year, backing him for the position following Fabio Capello's resignation.
Video: Steven Gerrard denies texting Harry Redknapp
- Video: Witness describes ceiling collapse at London Apollo
- Video: Two critical as London bus slams into tree
- Video: Jennifer Lawrence's hotel maid discovers her secret sex toy stash
- Video: ESA's Gaia satellite launches
- Video: Eye witness accounts of collapse from inside London's Apollo Theatre
- Video: A Christmas miracle! Canadian airline WestJet makes stunned passengers' festive wishes come true
- Video: Timelapse video of snow in hawaii
- Video: WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: PETA reveals horrible angora fur truth
- Video: How the ESA's Gaia satellite will launch into orbit
- Video: Tiger unleashes killer instinct in woman posing for photo
Help babies like little Joe
Please donate now to our Baby Hearts Appeal
200 'virgin births' in US
Women 'conceived without sex'
Nitelife: Christmas parties
Tiny monkeys born in Belfast
Nelson Mandela: life and times
Key moments in life of former president
Northern Ireland news photos
Photographs from Belfast, Northern Ireland
World in Pictures
Striking images from around the globe
Favourite Ulster beauty spots
Reader images: Send us your pictures
Old school pictures: Kate Middleton
Gerry Adams, Liam Neeson, Eamon Holmes ...
The case that laid bare Nigella Lawson's marriage to Charles Saatchi
Long before a jury acquitted Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo of fraud, the public had switched its attention to a parallel yet juicier legal spectacle – the public dissection of the marriage of Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi.
Search for woman swept out to sea new
A major search was launched today for a woman believed to have been swept out to sea following a night out.
Inquest into girl's stabbing death new
A date has finally been set for the inquest into the stabbing death of a 15-year-old girl, more than six years after she died.
Bale: I tried to make things tick new
Gareth Bale has indicated that he felt a need to be the main man at Tottenham, saying he tried to "make everything tick".
Laudrup preparing for Michu setback new
Michael Laudrup admits Swansea could be without Michu for as long as three months when the forward eventually has to undergo ankle surgery.
Fellaini injury problems persisting new
Manchester United manager David Moyes has confirmed he intends to send Marouane Fellaini for another scan which could result in an extended period on the sidelines.
Barker missed on All Hours sequel
Sir David Jason and Lynda Baron have admitted it was emotional returning to the original location of Open All Hours without the late Ronnie Barker.
Biggins: Jungle win a highlight
Christopher Biggins ranks winning I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! as his career highlight.
Johansson: I want to be scared
Scarlett Johansson has revealed she enjoys treading into uncharted territory when it comes to her film career.