A hospital trust exposed women with breast cancer to the risk their disease would come back despite repeated concerns about a surgeon's abilities, a damning report has found. Women who underwent mastectomies at Solihull Hospital - part of the Heart of England NHS Trust - were largely left in the dark despite years of complaints about breast surgeon Ian Paterson. Lawyer Sir Ian Kennedy, who led a review into what happened, accused managers at the trust of "preferring good news to true news".
Video: Trust condemned in surgeon report
- Video: Worker killed as London building collapses
- Prince Phillip asks 'Are potatoes still the currency of Eire?' in spoof Irish state...
- Video: Dane DeHaan excited for Spider-Man 3
- Video: Bill Oddie reveals moment he realised he was going deaf
- Video: CBeebies Land set to open at Alton Towers Resort
- Video: Kate, William and Prince George arrive in Australia
- Video: Priest in Ireland sings Hallelujah in wedding ceremony
- Video: Helium leak sees SpaceX's Falcon 9 launch postponed
- Video: Titanic disaster dead remembered in Belfast
- Video: Henry Cavill 'witty' as Napoleon Solo
Are you voting for the wrong party?
Out & About - social events, dinners, soirees
The top 50 things we hate most about modern life
The Troubles gallery - John Hume detained in 1971
Favourite Ulster beauty spots - send us your pics
UN apologises for Rwanda inaction new
The diplomat who was president of the UN...
Lizard ancestor of land herbivores new
A small lizard-like creature that lived more than 300...
'No new evidence' against mayor new
Scotland Yard said there is "no new credible...
Manchester City 2 - 2 Sunderland: Manuel Pellegrini's men held to a Premier... new
Manchester City have...
Krueger: Saints don't need to sell new
The vultures may be circling overhead but Southampton...
IRB chief hopeful of 'harmony'
The European peace deal averted a crisis that could have seriously damaged...
McCarthy and Wahlberg engaged new
Jenny McCarthy has announced that she is...
Courtney Love bad influence on Gaga
Courtney Love has admitted she may have had...
AC/DC guitarist 'too ill to play'
AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young is too ill to play live and unlikely to record...