Over 1,600 dancers lined the banks of the River Liffey in Dublin to break the Guinness World Record for the longest Riverdance. Credit: YouTube/Riverdance
Video: World record set in biggest Riverdance performance
- Video: Eye witness accounts of collapse from inside London's Apollo Theatre
- Video: Witness describes ceiling collapse at London Apollo
- Video: Trust condemned in surgeon report
- Video: 'Depraved' Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins is jailed
- Video: Jennifer Lawrence's hotel maid discovers her secret sex toy stash
- Video: London's Apollo Theatre collapses injuring dozens in audience
- Video: ESA's Gaia satellite launches
- Video: How the ESA's Gaia satellite will launch into orbit
- Video: A Christmas miracle! Canadian airline WestJet makes stunned passengers' festive wishes come true
- Video: WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: PETA reveals horrible angora fur truth
Help babies like little Joe
Please donate now to our Baby Hearts Appeal
200 'virgin births' in US
Women 'conceived without sex'
Nitelife: Christmas parties
Tiny monkeys born in Belfast
Nelson Mandela: life and times
Key moments in life of former president
Northern Ireland news photos
Photographs from Belfast, Northern Ireland
World in Pictures
Striking images from around the globe
Favourite Ulster beauty spots
Reader images: Send us your pictures
Old school pictures: Kate Middleton
Gerry Adams, Liam Neeson, Eamon Holmes ...
Family's appeal in murder probe new
The family of a "loving, caring, bubbly man" murdered on his way home from work have made a tearful appeal for witnesses to help solve the crime.
NHS 'was too powerful to criticise' new
The National Health Service "became too powerful to criticise" with even the most senior staff afraid of speaking out despite millions of patients receiving a "wholly unsatisfactory" service from GPs and hospitals, the official regulator has said.
City of Culture events near end new
Scottish pipers teamed up with an Irish bodhran drummer for the last major event of Derry's year as City of Culture.
Morrison progress pleases Allardyce new
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce believes he signed a boy in former Manchester United teenager Ravel Morrison but that the midfielder will return to Old Trafford on Saturday as a man.
Sharks too strong for Exiles new
Danny Cipriani played a central role as Sale Sharks won for the fifth time in the Aviva Premiership this season.
Edinburgh grind out scrappy win new
Edinburgh overcame both the elements and formidable opposition to defeat RaboDirect Pro 12 champions Leinster at a rain-swept Murrayfield on Friday night.
Cruise and tabloids settle lawsuit new
The publisher of two tabloid magazines has said it never intended to imply that Tom Cruise had abandoned his daughter after his divorce.
Nigella Lawson hits back: 'Trial vilified me for drug use without the right to respond'
Nigella Lawson has lashed out at the justice system after her personal assistants were cleared of fraud charges.
Lawson hits out at drug allegations
Nigella Lawson has blasted what she claimed was a "ridiculous sideshow of false allegations about drug use" as she told of her disappointment at the not guilty verdicts against two former assistants.