Hammers top terrace chants league
West Ham fans have been ranked top of the league when it comes to witty terrace chants.
The club's supporters have taken the honours in a search for the best football chant of the past decade, with a verse about Rio Ferdinand's spell on the bench for missing a drugs test.
Second in the poll, to launch fantasy football game Oulala, is a singalong by Fulham fans for striker Bobby Zamora, which borrows the tune of Dean Martin's Amore.
The winning chant by Hammers fans was aimed at their own former player who had gone on to play for Manchester United but had received a ban, forcing him to sit on the sidelines. They sang, to the tune of Duran Duran's hit Rio: " His name is Rio and he watches from the stand."
Valery Bollier, co-founder of Oulala, says: "We know that British football fans are among the most passionate in the world and they are rightly famous all over the world for their witty terrace chants.
"Our top 10 shows how humour and sport are completely interlinked - a good laugh can pick up your spirits when losing or add to your opponents' misery when you are winning."
The poll was conducted among 1,500 football fans.
Oulala - which is a free game launching today at www.oulala.com - has been in development for three years and is said to be based on skill rather than luck.
:: Top 10 wittiest chants from the past decade:
1. "His name is Rio and he watches from the stand" - West Ham fans to Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand, sung to the tune of Duran Duran's Rio.
2. "When you're sat in row Z, and the ball hits your head, that's Zamora, that's Zamora" - Fulham supporters hail their striker Bobby Zamora, sung to the tune of Dean Martin's That's Amore.
3. "You should have stayed on the telly" - Newcastle United fans to Alan Shearer, when the Match of the Day pundit led the team to relegation as manager.
4. "He's fast, he's red, he talks like Father Ted, Robbie Keane" - Liverpool fans on the club's striker.
5. "Your teeth are offside, your teeth are offside, Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside" - Manchester United fans singing about Liverpool's Luis Suarez.
6. "Deep fry yer pizzas, we're gonna deep fry yer pizzas" - Scotland fans to Italy's supporters in a World Cup qualifier in March 2007.
7. "Chelsea, wherever you may be, keep your wife from John Terry" - Chelsea fans saluted their captain Terry after his affair with former team-mate Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend, s ung to the tune of Lord Of The Dance.
8. "John Carew, Carew. He likes a lap-dance or two. He might even pay for you. John Carew, Carew" - Aston Villa fans sang this about their player, to the Que Sera Sera song.
9. "Fat Eddie Murphy, you're just a fat Eddie Murphy" - Newcastle United fans used this heckle on then-Chelsea player Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
10. "You only live round the corner" - Fulham to Manchester United supporters, a chant now sung by many other London teams when they play at home to United.