Belfast Telegraph

Hoarder pinned under junk in house

A Canadian man in his 70s was severely dehydrated after being pinned for several days under debris in his home that had piled up almost to the ceiling.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said a man called to report that he had not seen his friend in several days.

Police found the doorway and halls of the suburban Vancouver home so choked with rubbish that the fire department was called to clear a path inside.

Crews had to break down the door and chainsaw through rubbish to reach the man. Police said there was no heat or electricity, and the man was severely dehydrated.

He is being treated for possible circulation problems.


From Belfast Telegraph