Concentrix has said it it committed to Belfast as a base for its European operations.
It comes as 150 of its employees in the city are to lose their jobs on Friday.
The staff affected are temporary workers who had been recruited on a short term basis. Originally their contracts were to end in August.
The move comes after the US company lost a multi-million contract with HMRC.
Concentrix, which employs around 1,800 people in Belfast, said the workers had originally employment contracts until August 2016.
A spokesman added: "Our people are our top priority and we are doing everything possible to minimise any impact. We are engaged with HMRC to fully understand the implications of its decision and in the meantime we are exploring all options for our staff within Concentrix. Concentrix remains committed to Belfast as a base for our European operations."
“All temporary staff working were recruited on a short term basis and as per the volume forecasts agreed with HMRC ahead of time. These temporary roles were expected to ramp down as per plan at the end of August and we have in fact extended beyond this.”