Economy Minister Diane Dodds has called for the government to work with UK retailers to prevent any more household names from withdrawing their delivery services to NI.
It comes as new checks and documentation required by hauliers to cross the Irish Sea as part of the NI Protocol following the end of the transition period caused confusion among businesses.
Customers here of firms like Debenhams, Dunelm, TK Maxx and John Lewis have all said they've been notified that deliveries have been delayed - with some orders for TK Maxx cancelled. John Lewis and Dunelm have since said they will restore deliveries, but TK Maxx has not yet said whether cancelled orders will be honoured.
Mrs Dodds said she has written Cabinet Office Secretary Michael Gove saying: "Over the last number of weeks we have seen numerous GB-based retailers withdraw from offering deliveries to Northern Ireland due to the lack of guidance."
She requested urgent engagement with retailers and marketplaces to seek reinstatement of delivery and put together a plan that would ensure at the end of any grace period no more withdrawals take place.
HMRC last week announced a three-month grace period for deliveries but that has not been enough for all firms to say that orders will be honoured.
Mrs Dodds continued: "We are now seeing the impact of these changes and even at this early stage there is significant cause for concern from both businesses and consumers.
"I am particularly worried about more vulnerable consumers, in terms both of health and income. Delivery of goods is an essential measure at the moment, and lack of delivery places Northern Ireland consumers in a much worse position compared to GB consumers."
She said a grace period up until April 1 was only a short term fix and won't address regulatory issues adding: "We need the government to come up with long term solutions."