With World Whiskey Day celebrated on May 15th, Bushmills Irish Whiskey has created three cocktails for people to make and enjoy in the comfort of their own home.
Held annually on the third Saturday in May, the Day offers an opportunity for new and discerning whiskey drinkers from across the globe to come together and celebrate the spirit.
Bushmills Irish Whiskey is steeped in over 400 years of whiskey-making heritage and offers a range of blends and single malts with something for every palate, alongside The Sexton Single Malt.
Its three cocktail recipes created for the day include:
This Emerald Collins cocktail is the perfect tipple as we approach the summer months. The lemon and elderflower flavours really draw the fresh fruit and vanilla notes of Bushmills Original to the fore, perfectly balancing the crisp, fresh finish of the spirit.
45ml Bushmills Original
15ml White Vermouth
15ml elderflower cordial
15ml lemon juice
Flowers, mint & lemon
1. Pour 45ml of Bushmills Original into a shaker.
2. Add 15ml White Vermouth, 15ml elderflower cordial and 15ml lemon juice.
3. Add ice and shake.
4. Strain over cubed ice into a tall glass and top with soda water.
5. Garnish with flowers, mint & lemon.
BLACK BUSH ZEST
This refreshing cocktail is super easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. The smooth, lingering sweetness of Bushmills Black Bush complements the honey syrup and is the perfect partner for the zesty lime flavours.
50ml Bushmills Black Bush
20ml lime juice
20ml honey syrup
Cucumber and mint
1. Pour 50ml of Bushmills Black Bush into a shaker.
2. Add 20ml lime juice and 20ml honey syrup.
3. Add ice and shake.
4. Strain over cubed ice into a rocks glass and garnish with cucumber and mint.
THE SEXTON LOVE IT TO DEATH
This delicious Love It To Death cocktail will truly spice up your life. The lime juice and Aperol enhance the complex citrus notes of The Sexton Single Malt, while the hint of sugar complements the smooth honey finish of the spirit. Add a dash of Absinthe and you’re in for a cocktail you won’t forget.
50ml The Sexton Single Malt
25ml Fresh Lime Juice
20ml Sugar Syrup
2 Dashes Absinthe
Lemon peel twist
Sprig of thyme
1. Add all ingredients, bar the lemon twist and thyme, to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
2. Strain into a fresh coupe glass.
3. Garnish with a lemon twist and sprig of thyme.
The Sexton is available to purchase in Supervalu, Centra, Wineflair and select independent retailers and off licences.