Comic-Con style auction to take place in Belfast
A hoard of movie and television memorabilia is set to be auctioned off in Belfast later this month.
Wilsons Auctions is preparing to host its very own Comic-Con style auction with items to go under the hammer including Iron Man, The Terminator and a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
The Unreserved Government Auction will take place on Thursday, October 26 at 5.30pm at the company's Belfast branch.
Items will be available to a worldwide audience through the company’s online bidding facility LiveBid, and with no reserve everything will be ‘sold as seen’ to the highest bidder.
Other items for sale include a Star Wars Ewok, a Doctor Who Cyberman, a Willy Wonka figure (depicting Gene Wilder’s famous role), an E.T., a Mini-Me from the Austin Powers films and an evil Mogwai from the Gremlins films.
A number of other recognisable vehicles and memorabilia will feature in the auction including:
- the actual screen-used BMW 6-series car from Back to the Future II (Giff’s hovering car).
- a 1966’s replica Batboat, based on a Glastron powerboat, this is the world’s only four-seater jet boat.
- the Blues Brothers’ Bluesmobile
- Del Boy’s yellow three-wheeled Reliant Regal
- a 25th Anniversary Lamborghini Countach Replica
- a one of a kind McLaren F1 replica
- a variety of retro arcade machines including original Back to the Future pinball machines
- a substantial collection of vintage toys and games.
Wilsons Auctions’ Group Asset Recovery Manager, Aidan Larkin said: “October’s Unreserved Government Auction will be an Aladdin’s cave of memorabilia and collectibles.
"We believe the auction will appeal to a worldwide audience from the avid collector to the casual buyer, whether it’s for a man-cave or a museum, there truly is something for everyone.
The items are going to auction as a result of a police seizure following the conviction of Martin Fillery, 45, of Pedwell Hill, Ashcott, Bridgwater on a number of drugs ofences.
Mr Larkin added: “This auction highlights the important role Wilsons Auctions plays in realising important assets on behalf of our law enforcement agencies and public sector bodies which facilitates our unreserved government auctions each month.
"Wilsons Auctions’ Asset Recovery Department has assisted in the realization of in excess of £85 million being returned back into the public purse in recent years."
Belfast Telegraph Digital